If you are looking for one-day bike trip with a local guide around Lake Maggiore, Lugano, Varese get in touch with us, so we can be your cycling partner.
We can help you to make your road cycling experience easy, smooth and adventurous.
The lakeside towns of Ascona, Locarno, Luino, Laveno, Intra on Lake Maggiore and the lakside villages of Ponte Tresa, Morcote, Porto Ceresio on Lake Lugano are on our routes, as well as the typical villages of Brinzio, Bedero, Gavirate around Varese.
Send us an email
With intimate knowledge of the landscape, we can suggest the best rides to match any riding ability.
We are local bike guides with excellent knowledge of the Italian and Swiss Lake District.
You can learn more by reading through the five points below:
- 1. How to expect along the rides,
- 2. How the cycling experience works,
- 3. Where we are based, (Varese and Colmegna on Lake Maggiore),
- 4. Cycling resources to do a cyclist's life easier,
- 5. Riding and tourist attractions: an useful guide.
1. What to expect along the rides
Take on lots of ups and downs, hills, cols and densely wooded, routes including those hidden lanes and special discoveries you will not find on a map, at times through tiny and secluded villages, some with cobblestones paths, others with roads wide enough for one car only.
Riding on the lake shore, under the shadow of wooded hill or on the top of steep mountains. Every day you can discover new routes. 1,600 km of roads and several climbs. We have tour 'suggestions' and are willing to customize them just for you.
We know the the roads like the back of our hand. We have vast experience as cyclists and know innumerable routes of varying distances and amount of climbing. We have a particular skill of being able to pleasantly ride with cyclists of all levels.
We do the navigation so you can relax and enjoy the ride. No need to look at a map for directions. Let us show you the Swiss and Italian Lake District from a local's point of view.
You know, when you’re a cyclist and you’re in a new place, it’s tough to find places and the roads to ride without the fear of getting lost.
90% of the traffic is on the main roads, once you turn off you can go hours without encountering another vehicle.
Only a few minutes out of the front door and you can be at the foot of 5-10 kilometre climbs.
You will discover the most beautiful routes and landscapes in our area, but also the hidden gems and our historical attractions.
You can experience as a local the Lake District among Lombardy (Italy), Piedmont (Italy) and Canton of Ticino (Italian speaking part of Switzerland).
Take a look at our Road cycling routes and 100+ climbs around here. Click on the markers for a pop up with the name of the climb and a link on Strava to more info. Their names are in native language.
2. How the cycling experience works
Let's know what you have in mind (distance, speed, climbing), which kind of ride you love do, where you'd like to get to, at what time we can meet-up and how many people you are. You decide the level of riding, so we can arrage everything around that.
Contact us: email@example.com
We are able to build a route that satisfies your climbing and distance needs. We will do our best to create a route that’s suitable for your fitness and ability, without compromising on the quality and entertainment of the ride.
If you are in need of a rental, let us know your requirements and we'll provide some bike options.
Although we suggest the accommodation at our hotels here we are based, you are always free to choose yourself where you stay.
From our experience we see that people often prefer to arrange their own travel to and from the location of the tour.
We aren't a travel agent and we don't partner with a travel agent.
However we can give you any suggestion to arrange this.
Have a look at our two pages: How to Get Here page and travel information page.
Feel free to ask anytime.
3. Where we are based
We are based in:
- Varese at Eco Bike Hotel Ungheria - Viale Borri 98 - 21100 Varese VA
- Colmegna (on Lake Maggiore) at Relais Villa Porta Colmegna - Via Palazzi 1 - 21016 Luino VA
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Cycling resources to do a cyclist's life easier
Read on for getting the most out of the cycling experience. Cycling resources.
5. Riding and tourist attractions: an useful guide
Last but not least, you also can enjoy the tourist attractions around Italian and Swiss lakes. For example, visits to museums, to historical monuments and to tourist attractions. To help you make the most of your stay here we have put together a guide, packed full of information about all the tourist attractions to see during your cycling experience.
Why riding with a local cycling guide
Go back to cycling resources
- You will avoid the stresses of navigation and planning the route, allowing you to sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Make the most of your cycling experience in the Swiss-Italian Lake District and let one of our guides show you around the area.
- This way, you will be led to the best local roads and enjoy top climbs without having to do the research yourselves! We have extensive knowledge of the Lake District and will only take you to the best places and appropriate riding roads.
- The guide will tailor the ride to the your needs and will be on hand to help you plan the day to ensure you get the ride you are looking for.
- You'll never end up lost or on an unnecessarily busy road when you're with a local. A cycling guide knows all the shortcuts and recent closures that don't show up on Strava or Google.
- Even if you spend countless hours searching the internet, you'll never find some of the little around-the-corner places that will make your experience stand out.
- When you ride with a local cycling guide, you know you can just show up at the meeting point and get riding.
- A cycling guide knows how to keep everyone safe and where the best places to stop are, knows the best views, the points of interest and the historical knowledge of the Italian and Swiss Lake District.
- Riding with a local is a great way to see the sights and find all the secret stops along the way.
- Put your Gps away and enjoy the ride. Why worry about which turn to make, or where to go if a road is closed? Spend your time riding your bike and exploring the area around Lake Maggiore, Lugano and Varese instead of stopping to look at the map or worrying about getting lost.