We have put together a small collection of digital maps you can easily print, paper maps and info regarding cycling routes in the Italian and Swiss Lake District:
- A digital map from https://map.geo.admin.ch
- A paper map regarding the Province of Varese
- Bike map around Northern part of Lake Maggiore
- Bike maps regarding road routes in Province of Varese
- SwitzerlandMobility: a route planner for rides
- Bike maps regarding routes on the West side of Lake Maggiore
- A Data base of Europe's climbs
Many cyclists ask us about tips and advices on how easly get to:
- the lakeside towns of Stresa, Ascona, Locarno, Luino, Laveno around Lake Maggiore,
- the lakside villages of Ponte Tresa, Agno, Morcote, Porto Ceresio around Lake Lugano,
- the typical villages of Cittiglio, Montegrino, Brinzio, Bedero, Gavirate around Varese,
- the cycle paths around.
1. A digital map from https://map.geo.admin.ch
Here's a detailed digital map: MAP SWISS TOPO
Click on (+) map larger, or on (-) map smaller at the top right corner of the screen.
Look at the top left corner of the screen, you can print the area you want on:
- A4 paper size or A3 paper size,
- scale from 1:500 to 1:2,500,000.
You can understand the altitude of the roads and of the routes both in Switzerland and Italy.
Anyway you can directly dowload a copy of the digital map - Swiss and Italian Lake District, (7MB).
www.geo.admin.ch is a portal provided by the Federal Authorities of the Swiss Confederation.
2. A paper map regarding the Province of Varese (Italy)
Trail Map – Via Verde Varesina – Trekking in Province of Varese, Scale 1:35.000 is another well done map.
That's a paper map which you can find at the local tourist information offices on arrival or here in hotel. In particular the map shows both the trails for trekking and the roads for road cycling in the Norhern area of Province of Varese : among the Lake Maggiore, Lake Varese and Lake Lugano.
The map is very detailed and precisus so you can discover the hidden cycle routes and itineraries in our cycling area.
3. Bike map around Northern part of Lake Maggiore
8 road bike ride map along the valleys around Cannobio, Cannero Riviera, Brissago, Ascona, Locarno, Maccagno, Colmegna. See the different colors: light blue, black, purple, green, magenta, dark blue, gray, brown.
Learn more: 8 road bike ride description of upper Lake Maggiore between Switzerland and Italy.
4. Bike maps regarding road routes in Province of Varese (Italy)
Here is a list of some:
We have designed cycling experiences which can involve these routes for all skill levels. They all are paved.
5. Bike maps regarding routes on the West side of Lake Maggiore
6. SwitzerlandMobility is a route planner for your rides
SwitzerlandMobility is the national network for non-motorized traffic, in particular for leisure and tourism (e.g. hiking, cycling, mountain-biking, skating and canoeing). Routes are subdivided into international, national, regional and local categories.
7. A Data base of Europe's climbs
For those more interested in climbing we can suggest an usuful website: Archive of Europe's Climbs
Go back to cycling resources
You can write the name of the climb or the village where the climb starts.
The website provide info like kilometres, elevation gain, gradients and a drawing of the climb.